The end goal of any business is to make money, and marketing is an essential method to reach that end goal. It is the method of getting potential customers to buy your products or services. Here is a list of 17 Facebook marketing secrets to skyrocket your business.
Before the advent of the internet, businesses performed their marketing through traditional media where they could not cater directly to their target audience, and also it was expensive.
Businesses have to place an advertisement in traditional media such as newspapers, TV, radio, billboards, etc. if they want to grab the attention of the audience.
Later in the digital world, businesses have started building their websites. Hence, then the marketing strategy has also changed from traditional to digital.
What is Digital Marketing?
The role of digital marketing is to accumulate new traffic, leads, and sales for a business. It reaches the people who are trying to find products and services through digital channels.
The most prominent digital marketing methods are E-mail Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Search Engine Marketing.
While there are many different marketing strategies, social media marketing is the only platform that can bring in consistent sales from day one.
In that, Facebook plays a vital role in the marketing scene.
Surveys reveal that more than 2.5 billion people use Facebook every month to connect with their friends and families. Out of that, nearly 1.5 billion people are active every day. People also use Facebook to seek out things that matter. It was the first social media platform to drive ads.
What is Facebook marketing?
Facebook has become a huge market place with billions of active users. It’s high time for you to leverage that market place to boost your sales and service of your business.
Facebook allows you to create a business page for you to engage with your target customers through posts and comments. You can also use it’s sponsored posts to boost your page or product to increase your ROI.
Why people prefer to choose Facebook marketing?
Facebook ads, unlike traditional ads, allows you to choose to whom you want to show your ad. By targeting the ads to your potential customers you can increase the click-through rate and ROI for the money spent on ads. That’s the reason people prefer Facebook marketing over traditional marketing.
Benefits of Choosing Facebook Marketing for Business:
- Facebook allows companies to interact and engage with their customers directly.
- The main benefit of Facebook advertising is its ability to reach an exact audience. i.e., If you know your target audience, you can place your advertisement to people by age, interests, behavior, and location to engage them.
- Facebook Ad is one of the cheapest forms of advertising when compared to traditional media, and hence it is budget-friendly.
- It is the fastest way to drive traffic and conversion as it drives immediate results.
- It will significantly help you to build your brand awareness and also help to boost your website traffic.
- Facebook advertising results are measurable. It will provide you metrics of how many impressions, clicks, and conversions you are receiving.
- It will help you to drive repeat business from customers who have purchased from you in the past.
- It can spread word-of-mouth and referrals, which will be a significant benefit to your business.
- You can utilize Facebook’s “lead ad” forms to capture email contacts through Facebook ads, which can help you build an e-mail list.
- It manages to increase social signals, which will indirectly influence the SEO rankings. Social signals mean the engagement on your social media content, which includes shares, likes, and comments on the posts.
- Facebook advertising will help you to expand a new product or service into markets.
There are many marketing tricks to boost your business. 17 Facebook marketing secrets to skyrocket your business are
1.Create a business profile and optimize it:
For starters, the first thing, to begin with, is to create a business profile with the right profile and cover pictures and optimize it. The pictures used should have high-resolution.2
2. Get a vanity URL of your page:
There are many ways to optimize your page. Once you have set up with page settings, the next step is to get a vanity URL (eg., @username) for your page. The vanity URL will give you an easy-to-read page link which you can post it anywhere. It provides good SEO optimization, as it is also more searchable on Google. It helps Google to link it with your site’s keywords.
3. Add a Call-To-Action (CTA) on your cover photo:
The cover picture is a significant part of Facebook, where you can add a compelling CTA and encourage your audience to take action.
There are three different types of CTA your cover picture, and they are:
- The Like button – this type of CTA, helps you to grow the audience.
- The Follow button – this type is a little bit different from the like button where a person can choose to follow your page so that they can see your content on their feed.
The audience can also choose to prioritize your page’s content in such a way to show at the top of their newsfeed or to get a notification every time you publish something.
- Custom CTA button – this type of CTA, allows you to add customized pre-made button options. And they are Sign Up, Shop Now, Contact Us, Book Now, Use App, Watch Video, and Play Game. You can link this CTA to your website homepage, a landing page, a contact page, or somewhere else.
4. Complete your business bio on the Facebook page
The final step of creating a business page is to fill out the biography. Facebook has an extensive bio section than any other social network. The bio part will give viewers more information about business and products. Link your website to the contact information to get more traction to your website.
5. Stay aware of Facebook updates and changes:
Facebook algorithm changes frequently! Your page should be updated regularly according to the latest changes.
6. To organize your content, use Facebook Tab:
Facebook tabs are a great way to organize your content. It allows your audience to find the information that they are seeking. Facebook gives access to the admin to choose a customized tab that they believe would be the best fit for the page.
7. Share the best content on your page:
The content posted on your page should drive maximum reach, shares, and engagement. If the results are low, it means the content you shared doesn’t engage your audience.
Facebook helps you to figure out what has performed well in the past through analytics. Based on that, you can try a new type of content. You can also re-share the posts that are doing well.
Sometimes posts without links will perform better than linked posts. Because some people engage with content completely within Facebook, rather than a link that takes them away somewhere else.
If your goal is to generate brand awareness, then post without links might help to improve reach. Post content with links, if your goal is to drive website traffic
8. Schedule your posts:
You need to post your content regularly. Learn how often to post content on Facebook and plan accordingly. You can share different types of posts such as image content, a blog post from your website, or video posts to engage your audience.
Posting the best content at the best time also matters for bringing organic reach. Schedule the content of the post in advance using any social media calendar app. The content of the posts should be relevant to your business. Use the Poll Feature of Facebook, which is a fun way to create engaging content on the platform.
9. Create a Facebook group:
Facebook groups help to bring potential customers together in one place and allow you to connect with them. Steps to create a Facebook group are:
- Find a topic that is related to a keyword that your audience is searching for, which makes it easy to find you.
- The description of the group should be up to date. It should explain to your audience about the purpose and rules of the group. Based on that, your audience will be aware of what to post and do not post there.
- Post a steady stream of content related to the topic of your group.
- Optimize your links to make people click through:
- It provides a great place to link out to articles, landing pages, and any other web content that your team creates.
Some important things to keep in mind when you are using links in the posts are:
- When you are going to post content with a link, shorten your links using any URL shortener.
- If you want a cleaner looking post, delete the original link generated and enter your text.
- Don’t worry about choosing a photo, Facebook, itself selects the preview image when sharing a link.
10. Define your target audience:
To engage your audience effectively, you have to understand who is your target audience. The following are the easy steps to define the target audience:
- Age of your target followers.
- The location of the followers.
- How and when does your target audience use Facebook?
Once you get to know who uses the platform and how that maps back to your target customer, take a look at Facebook Audience Insights.
The Audience Insights tool helps you to find information on things like age, gender, education, relationship status, location, language, Facebook usage, and past purchasing activity. Always have a clear idea of the target audience.
It is a significant marketing tip for using the platform successfully.
11. Set your goals:
For your marketing strategy to be effective, you must have clear goals tied to your business objectives. The goals of every business will differ, but they all should focus on actions that have a real impact on your business. i.e.,
- generating leads
- increasing conversions on your website
- improving customer service.
Hence, everything you do on Facebook should work to support your goals.
12. Promote your page with Facebook advertising:
Organic posts will help you to engage your users, but they aren’t the only way to achieve your goal. So, to stand out and to get noticed, you have to promote your page.
You can also promote your page by inviting your friends, peers, and colleagues to Like & Share your page.
In terms of marketing value, Facebook Ads are an inexpensive and effective method. You can combine paid Ads with an organic posting strategy to work effectively.
13. Target specific audiences to boost the Ad reach:
Learn how to narrow your target audience to ensure that your Facebook Ads are more effective.
According to WordStream , you can target at least 11 specific audiences. The key is to analyze your customer base and form buyer personas.
14. Promote your page outside of Facebook:
Though there are many users on Facebook, not everyone is actively using it. By promoting outside of Facebook, you might find people who are interested in your offering but are not that active on the social network.
Take extra steps to make them become your Facebook follower. Provide them some exclusive deals, content, or promotions that get them excited about following you. Some of the ways to promote your page outside Facebook are:
- Add social sharing buttons on your website and include a link that directs to your Facebook page.
- Write a blog about your Facebook page. Write a post that elaborates on a comment someone wrote on your wall and include the link of your page. It may engage your followers and provide a significant impact.
- Add the vanity URL of your page at the bottom of your mails.
- Publish it in your other marketing materials.
- Also, make your blog post shareable on Facebook.
15. To boost your post, use “Dark” posts:
“Dark” post means a cross between an Ad and an organic post. The dark post will not appear either in your Timeline or in the feed of your followers. Instead, it shows up as sponsored content to your targeted audience. Dark posts allow you to create content that targets specific demographics and avoid clogging up your Timeline. It helps to keep your content feeds cleaner and help you from spamming your followers.
16. To make a visual impact, use Carousel Ads:
Carousel Ads is another new feature of Facebook Ad, and it helps to showcase a bunch of products or services in a single Ad. It allows you to showcase 2-10 images or videos within a single Ad and each one with an external link. The users can reach the landing page by clicking the image or video while scrolling.
17. Partner with influencers to boost the reach:
Having a partnership with influencers to promote your page or products or services is another form of marketing. If you still find difficulty in engaging with your followers, partner with someone who already has it all figured out. It is called Influencer Marketing. If you do it right, it will impact your engagement to a greater extend.
These are the 17 Facebook marketing secrets to skyrocket your business.
Even though there are lots of changes in Facebook advertising and algorithm comes in, it can be a great marketing tool for most businesses.
The most important thing in Facebook marketing is you need to up to date and well informed about everything.