Here’s an infographics with amazing quotes from Rand Fishkin on SEO and content marketing.
1. For the first 5 years of SEOmoz’s marketing efforts, I doubt I spent [$200] on anything — just blogged, participated in communities, produced some interesting one-off content.
2. If you have an older page, it can be very wise to retire that content in favor of something newer and fresher
3. As you build up your domain authority, as you start to produce content directly for your customers that will influence them, it ranks in the engines.
4. The SEO I knew and loved 8 years ago still works sometimes, but increasingly, you’ll get beat …on the content/branding/social elements
5. Take content which is largely duplicative and apply aggregation, visualization, or modifications to that duplicate content in order to build something unique and valuable and new that can rank well