Google tag assistant can assist you in troubleshooting various Google tags including Google remarketing script, Google Analytics, adwords conversion tracking and more. In this tutorial we will cover how to validate your remarketing and other tags with Google tag assistant.
- First, install the Google tag assistant for your chrome browser.
- Click on the extension to view the list of tags in the page you’re evaluating
- It will show the tags in the page with a colour icon.
- Red means critical issues, Yellow means minor issues, blue means implementation is ok and it could be improved and Green means perfect
- Click on the tag, example, the remarketing tag to view the parameters about the tag
- If there are any errors listed, click on the error report to find tips to fix your tag issues
Hope this helps.